Monday, November 10, 2008

November 6th and 7th - Cedar Island NC

I left Cape Hatteras to go further south. I am just sorry that I didn't get a photo of the white cat in the motel which was about double as heavy as Minou. From here you have to take two ferries the first to Ocracoke Island Takes about 30 minutes and from there further to Cedar Island is a 2.25 h journey. It was beautiful on the boat. the second section was as far that I could not see any land when we were about midpoint. Ocracoke island has one settlement at the end and seems to be really relaxed. But I preferred Cedar Island which has one motel directly at the ferry landing and one convenience store about half a mile away. I had a very nice 50 km ride in the morning (really flat) and enjoyed it less than I could have because a very determined mosquito bit me through both jerseys I was wearing and the bites inflamed at once into huge boils. I explored the National Park headquarters. They had two little walks and the most pathetic Museum that you can imagine. It had plenty of Baseball picture of the local high school and other fairly recent stuff but nothing about the native Americans and the slaves who used to live in the area as well.
I stayed over night in Wilmington. W. is a pretty small town on the fear river which end with Cape fear. I saw both movies but still had no intention to visit as I imagine this to look very much like all the seashore that I have seen in the last days. This is not a very exiting landscape.

No comments: