Monday, November 17, 2008

November,17th - St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine is the oldest city in the US and the end point of the southern tier. Even as I didn’t cycle here I wanted to be here. I went to the beach into Anastasia state Park. At the end of it I saw a building, which I found out was a hotel. I checked in and took a room with a balcony to the beach for 2 nights and if the weather would have been warmer I would stay even another night, but the heating doesn’t work and it is supposed to go down to freezing the next night. My lower back is bothering me and cold nights don’t help that. So I will check out the city this morning and go further down south to meet Andreas tomorrow evening in Miami. On the other side I am pretty tired of endless beaches and flat landscape. You can do not much more than walk along endless unchanging sand strips and that is too meditation like for me. St. Augustine and St. Augustine beach are too touristy for me, here at the beach everything is pretty much empty, but that’s is only because it’s so cold and the first days of the week. Anyhow there are still plenty of people on the beach and when I passed the historical downtown on Sunday it was crowded and not very enticing to stop and have a look. I hope it will be a bit better this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dorit ruf in Schwarme an. Wegen Frörk!