Saturday, October 11, 2008

!0th of October Gila Cliff Dwellings

In order to heal a bit more I decided not to ride another day. Instead I went by car to the Gila cliffs
national monument. The road out to there was the best cycling road I have seen yet on this trip. I was really upset that I couldn't ride. On the road I saw the first cyclist since Phoenix exept for two old men on mountain bikes at the whitewater catwalk. Going down I saw a couple on touring bikes loaded with many panniers. They are Julia and David going from Louisiana to Seattle. Checkout their blog at http://common-milkweed.blogspot.com/ . I arrived at the National Park shortly before noon so I could get in on the daily guided tour.
Afterwards I hiked for an hour and went back to Silver City, where I had dinner with Julia, David and Justin.

Die zwei anderen Radler lassen mich wirklich daran zweifeln, dass ich was abnehmen werde. Ich hab sie an einer wirklich steilen bergigen Strecke getroffen. Sie haben schwere vollgepackte Fahrraeder und sind beide ziemlich mollig. Die fahren auf die typische Art. Sie versuchen immer bei entfernten Bekannten oder im Zelt zu uebernachten, obwohl sie sich als zu dekadent bezeichnet, womit sie ihre Tendenz zu Hoteluebernachtungen und Restaurantbesuchen meint. Fuer so etwas bin ich zu alt, war ich wohl immer zu alt, ich hasse es bei Fremden zu schlafen.

Finally the sun comes out, I might leave now...

No comments: