Sunday, October 26, 2008

24th of October - Austin

I tried to ride early in the morning the country road of the day before, but the temperature was 34 degrees and I was with short gloves and without beanie, so I had to give up after 2k because I just could not move my fingers any longer. I took a shower and went the road by car to Pedernales State park, where I wanted to hike a bit and see the falls. I hiked the recommended hike for some miles and was bored out of my shirt, the landscape was pretty but did not change at all. Going on a belt in the gym gives you more entertainment. So I tried the falls where nothing fell. But all was nice and warm and I had some exercise, what more did I want. I went to Austin in search of the Ramada, that I booked through hotwire. It was the "Central" one but still miles out of downtown. Google map told me that it was at the intersection of 35 and 290, but it did not tell me that there were two of them. So I came to the southern intersection and there were plenty of hotels. I had problems with the internet in the last motel and could not verify the address in the morning but I thought that I shouldn't have too many problems locating it. I cruised for an hour, asked people who told me with complete certainty where to go and called meta to check my email again and look at google maps. By the end I called the hotel and drove the 12 miles to the other side of town, did finally my laundry hat a bite to eat in the neighborhood and called it an early night.

No comments: