Friday, October 10, 2008

9th of October - Safford, AZ to Silver City, NM

Garmin says: 177.71km 9675 cal 3872 m ascent Wow, bravo, Justin!

As my weird growth doesn't let me ride without too much pain, I let Justin do the biggest section of the trip yet. I planned not to ride all of it and let the last 30 miles go, but Justin went for it all and gave up only less than 10 miles before Silver City, I am sure he never did more in his life. Meanwhile I went a scenic parallel road which dated from the 20s and was rough, unpaved and totally empty. I didn't meet one person in the 3 hours traveling there. But I took 100 beautiful pictures from my whole trip. I met a herd of wild horses which had some mules with them. I saw a rattle snake, but was to startled to take a picture and got pictures of the biggest copper mine of the northern hemisphere. This is really off, the biggest of any hemisphere is a well used expression which works only with southern! Something is not kosher with this copper mine I tell you!

I walked then over a catwalk in whitewater canyon, that was absolutely beautiful. I took so many pictures and most of them turned out well and when I tried to load them on the computer, I deleted all of them except for the last one, which is my car in the parking lot of whitewater canyon.

No comments: